New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kunal   23 July 2023

Wife and 4 month old child at in-laws house.

I m from Mumbai and my wife from Indore.

We have 2 children. One 7 years and other 4 months.

In 2018, my wife left house leaving child abonden no call no contact for 2 months. Then came with police from indore and took my child to indore. Then filed a divorce.i filed rcr. And after 4 months she returned to mumbai.

We had a second child in Feb 2023.

Everything was fine till 26th jun 2023.

Her mother died, and we (my self , wife and 4 month child) went to indore. Complete funeral, next day she started putting allegations and her chacha , mama, brothers all started abusing me and physically thrown me out of their home, threatened to kill me if I visit before 6 months. And also they will take back my other child from Mumbai also.

It has been a month, I call her every day. But her phone is kept switched off. She has again abonden elder child. Doesn't bother to call even once for him. I went to indore after 23 days , wait at nearby temple and request them to atleast show me my child there, no one came.

I doubt my in-laws have kept my wife and child captive.

I want to see and confirm that my wife is at her free will and my 4 month child is safe and healthy.

I consulted lawyers, but all say custody will remain with mother. And best that I can do is again file rcr this time.


 1 Replies

Sumitra kumar   23 July 2023


Decide yourself first:what is the key problem?



Q1.I want to see and confirm that my wife is at her free will and my 4 month child is safe and healthy.

Reply- If you have such gut feeling, file a Writ petition (Habeas Corpus).


Q2. If the question is of RCR

Reply- File a matrimonial suit if you so desire.


Advice- Try to settle the issue amicably with the help of your relatives and relatives of your wife.


Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register