Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Diego stanga (Self employed)     20 January 2014

Which will is more effective

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am an individual living in Mumbai. My problem is regarding my grandfather's WILL after his death. My grandfather had three children two daughters and one son i.e my father who is eldest of them. My grandfather died in 2011. Before his death he was suffering from a paralysis stroke which happened in the year 2004. Before that year my grand father was of sound and mind. Being a senior citizen he wrote a handwritten WILL in the year 2002 favoring my father and me regarding all the property and it was signed by my grandfather and by two witness. Both the witness are alive and of sound and mind. He i.e my grandfather also wrote another WILL which was from my grandmother's side regarding her property. Thus, the WILL of my grandmother was signed by her and it was also favoring my father and me. It also included the same witness signature. My grandmother is alive and suffering from old age. Both the WILL i.e of my grandfather and my grandmother are not registered.

Sir/Madam now, both the daughters of my grandfather are interested in the property share. They don't know that there is an existence of a hand written WILL by my grandfather.

But Sir/Madam there is a problem/confusion. In the late 1989, my grand father wrote a WILL in Punjab in punjabi language and it was registered. It included only the district in which he was having his property i.e "Maharashtra district THANE". Not complete address of the property.

Sir/Madam in both the WILL's, my grandfather hasn't mentioned his two daughter's name. He has stated it as "my two daughter's". They are unaware that there are two WILL's of my grandfather, one from late 1989 and another from 2002.

Sir/Madam I'm confused which WILL to show and execute of my grandfather.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 January 2014

registered WILL is consider.Language is irrelevant to the issue. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register