Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What to do: file a divorce or keep a mistress?

Page no : 6

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     30 April 2012

Wondering why you are thinking as though you are a "freedom fighter going to jail" whenever you think of going to jail under 498A.:)

supabcdefgh (teacher)     30 April 2012

because I am suffering and Law is not recognizing my recognising.

My son is suffering, the law is not recognising.

And for me going to jail will be the only way to get rid of my problem.. At least 3 years I will be safe

and cannot be considered as cruelity, even though it will be the ultimate cruelity, where she will

have to face the most daring thing: her son, asking her "Why did you send my father to jail?"

Look, law will not say a ralationship where wife has allowed to touch for a year, lives in separate room as working. I agree every night- who asked for it. But If I help myself everyday, will that be considered as mental torture? And this mental torture will lead to divorce - a thing she doesnot want. 498a - no, I guess.

Please answer my question:

after 498a, Can I consider that the divorce to be granted? If no, what has changed for a fresh case

against me for 498a, as i will continue with mistress being deprive of s*x.

By the way, prositution or paid s*x is legal in india as long it is done in your home.

Watch p*rnography at home is also legal.

(Guest)

this thread is going far away from possible law points. 

No it is not, we are still talking about what is law and what are its limitations?

Passing urine in public places is also not illegal in our country.  Would you? Dear sir.  It is not only the law but also the customs, traditions and social norms that guide the affairs of public at large and constitute the standards of human behavior. For instance you have promised your wife the following during Saptapadi during marriage :

Dear Wife! By taking these seven steps, you have become my dearest friend. I pledge my unfailing loyalty to you.

1. Let us stay together for the rest of our lives.
  2. Let us not separate from each other ever.
  3. Let us be of one mind in carrying out our responsibilities as householders (gá¹›hasthas).
  4. Let us love and cherish each other and enjoy nourishing food and good health.
  5. Let us discharge our prescribed Vedic duties to our elders, ancestors, rishis, creatures, and gods.
  6. Let our aspirations be united. I will be the Saaman and may you be the Rk (Saaman here refers to the music and Rk refers to the Vedic text that is being cast into music). Let me be the upper world and let you be the Bhumi or Mother Earth. I will be the Sukla or life force and may you be the bearer of that Sukla. Let me be the mind and let you be the speech.
  7. May you follow me to conceive children and gain worldly as well as spiritual wealth. May all auspiciousness come your way.

It is a contract that you entered into with your wife. HMA allows divorce, that is a different aspect.  But that does not mean your wife don't claim relief under Specific Relief Act for breach of contract because you promised her in front of everybody "Let us not separate from each other ever". 

Chandrasekhar,  lovely words are lovely. But what is your solution to my suffering?

Have INDIRYANIGRAHAM (control over your senses).  Practise vipaassana.  Internalize your energies and learn to activate Kundalini rather than dissipating them with s*x. 

1 Like

Does the court give similar advice to women too?

I do not remember pledging these things:

1. Let us be of one mind in carrying out our responsibilities as householders (gá¹›hasthas).

And what is she has led a life of a dictator and terror and not one mind?

>Let us love and cherish each other and enjoy nourishing food and good health.

With no respect between each other, how do you expect that to happen?

>Let us discharge our prescribed Vedic duties to our elders, ancestors, rishis, creatures, and gods.

Being an agnostic, I can't say I will discharge this duty, or want this duty for me.

>Let our aspirations be united. I will be the Saaman and may you be the Rk (Saaman here refers to the music and Rk refers to the Vedic text that is being cast into music). Let me be the upper world and let you be the Bhumi or Mother Earth. I will be the Sukla or life force and may you be the bearer of that Sukla. Let me be the mind and let you be the speech.

And what happens when things are reverse?

Law all over the world it seems is geared to maintain the s*xual drive of the man. And women, no problem. I was reading british law, 5 years minimum required, so that by that time your s*xual drive will any way drive out. So, what is the solution.  Adultry/ Mistress seems to be the only solution. And punishment for adultry cannot be mental torture specially when marriage itself is s*xless. 

supabcdefgh (teacher)     01 May 2012

It is not after all women's fault. In India specially. What other weapon do they have?

Do this or else don't touch me - this dialogue is there everywhere in TV too.

I have never heard women use this a weapon anywhere else in the world.

ha a...... 

This was Punar Buvaha.

One  couple remarried -

2nd newly married - wife already starts touch me not as punjishment

eldest brother - no s*x or even time together. When charged answers that she has so much responsibility

to take care of family and children, husband is not even a priority. his duty is to keep shut and enjoy life

reading news paper and earning money.

What a life..  

(Guest)

@supabcdefgh ,

Keeping mistress will not solve your problem it will make your problem double.

Dear Rajendra Kumar,

Read

"please don't marry, it will only increase the problem of your life"

Will it stop people from marriage?

It is my choice.  I know what it means.

I am only checking legality.

Any way, thx for your advice

Recent Topics

View More