LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Titu (proprietor)     26 November 2009

VAT Registration in Assam

Please tell me the process of getting VAT and CST registration in Assam ? When I shall get the TIN No 

Learning

8 Replies

russell sarkar ( Lawyer )     27 November 2009

hi titu , apply in application form with documents such as trade licence , photo, address proof etc. In cst registration application form u should give names of atleast two already registered business name with their seal . The security money depends on the authority. Time process of getting ur tin no. to some extent depends on authority.

palas (ceo)     27 November 2009

hi titu. u have to apply in a specific application form with documents such as trade licence , photo, address proof, PAN card photocopy,  etc. In CST registration application form u should give names of atleast two already registered business name with their seal who are filing regular return. The security money depends on the authorityor u can approach the authority to minimise the security. Time process of getting ur tin no. to some extent depends on authority. palash, Advocate, Guwahati.  9864384002

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     29 November 2009

I am agree with Sarkar and Plas

Titu (proprietor)     05 December 2009

Thanks to all of you. But my one is a partnership firm of two partners. We have just applied for registration of firms. Can we apply without registration of firms. Our original deed is with the registrar's office

russell sarkar ( Lawyer )     08 December 2009

yes u can apply. Registration of partnership is not compulsory as per partnership act. However u have to submit xerox copy of the deed. ( russell_sarkar123@yahoo.co.in)

Titu (proprietor)     18 December 2009

thank u sir

Jignesh (Commercial Manager)     17 February 2014

Dear Sir,

We are a registered manufacturing unit in Gujarat. We are asked by our clientele to register with the Assam VAT authority to enable them to release our payment for Installation of our supplied Equipment's, defined as Site Work, after applicable deduction, presumably for WCT.  

My query is:

a) Can we register ourselves in Assam though we are registered unit for C.S.T. and Guj. VAT.  If, yes, is such registration allowed if there is no domicile office address for correspondence in Assam as we are Gujarat based firm?

b) Can our clientele deduct directly from our payment applicable WCT for payment to tax authority on our behalf without need of our registration with Assam Commercial Tax authority?

Your response to this queries shall be highly appreciated.

Thanking you,

Jey.

CA Mohan Agarwal (Chartered Accountant)     19 August 2014

Now a days it takes only one day to get VAT Registration in the Guwahati city of Assam through CVRC (Central VAT Registration Cell) mohanagarwalca@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register