Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar jadhav (employee)     29 May 2014

Valid proof against 498a

Hi

after 1month of staying together and 2 month of sep wife filled police complaint and police called me

plz guide

also I have in recording as below

plz tell me which of it can save my skin

1) I have recroding of dev 2012 that her father stated I dont hv asked for dowry

2) recording of aug 2012 whr her sister said its her my wifes mistake she not hadling household well

3) my father in laws statement that my wife was never wanting to marry

Learning

8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 May 2014

1. SMS Language do not make the experts to make understand the real problem and advise accordingly, avoid.

2. None of the above recording can save your skin, in evidence

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     29 May 2014

As you mentioned in your earlier post,get your AB first.These can be talked to the IO later after securing bail.If you can SATISFY him through your lawyer...satisfaction always recommended through lawyer ... you have a chance else these can be later used in the trial.

Sugam Dayal (Business)     29 May 2014

Secure Bail First on merit. Then you will have time to think about evidences

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     29 May 2014

ALLEGATION U/S.498A IPC is for harassment and cruelty both physical and mental.  Conditions under Clause (a) and (b) are require to be fulfilled.  Evidences to be required to disprove that or those allegations in defense.  Bear it in mind that save and except the requirements underlined in cl.(a) and (b) of the said section any other alleged incidents of harassment and cruelty does not attract sec.498A IPC.

sagar jadhav (employee)     29 May 2014

Mr Roy

Thanks for reply,can you pease elaborate it?

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     29 May 2014

IPC 498A is as follows: -

498A. Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty.—Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be pun­ished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine. Explanation.—For the purpose of this section, “cruelty” means—

(a) any wilful conduct which is of such a nature as is likely to drive the woman to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb or health (whether mental or physical) of the woman; or

(b) harassment of the woman where such harassment is with a view to coercing her or any person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.

==================

So, the definition of cruelty U/S 498A is quite clear.

Clause A) Cruelty, such a nature, which drive a wife to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb or health. (Need Medical Report for this to prove).

Clause B) Harassment for unlawful demand (Dowry).

So any other cruelty which dose not fall under said Clause A & B can not be chargeable U/S 498A.

Please go through the complain and find out what type of cruelty is written there. Whether it falls under aforesaid clauses or not.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 May 2014

@Mr.Sagar Jadhav:  It will be too early to make any comment about the evidences in your possession.  First get yourself enlarged on bail and then during interrogation/investigation by the police on her complain, you may inform the police about their false case,if the police are not convinced and they are bent upon proceeding with the complaint as it is, you may challenge the same during trial which will be more easy platform to prove your case.  Secure the evidences for whatever worth it is.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 June 2014

You have been rightly advised to secure bail.

Also get the transcriptt of these recordings made to attach with all replies etc. Hope the same recordings are held on original device. Otherwise it would not be admissible.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register