FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamalakar (self employed)     29 November 2009

universal donee

What is the legal consequence in case a person gifts the whole of his property(or most of his property ) to another? if so,

Can the decree-holder proceed against the property in the hands of the universal donee?



 1 Replies

saquib (Advocate)     30 November 2009

Dear Mr. Kamlakar,


Your question needs more elaboration as the background is not available.

In case of a Hindu (Karta) disposes off whole or most of joint family property :

If the gift is made while suit is pending in a court.

Or the transfer has been made with a dishonest intention to Defraud the Decree Holder.


then we can file a suit or proceed against  the suit property in Execution Petition.





Mumbai (09272990869)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query