LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUNNY DEOL (STUDENT )     21 July 2010

transfer of property in blood relation

I HAVE AGRICULTURE PROPERTY ON MY MOTHER NAME, BUT NOW I WANT TO TRANSFER ON MY OWN NAME , SO WHAT CAN I DO,

I AM D ONLY SON OF MY MOTHER

WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY

& WHAT WILL BE THE CHARGES ?

PLEASE SUGGEST ME

Learning

9 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     21 July 2010

Are u only son or only heir ? It can be done either thro' will or gift deed or sale deed if your mother is ready. But after the death of your mother automatically it will be transferred to U. What about your father, Is any body opposing u?

Plz. wait for the reply of an expert.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     21 July 2010

sunny deol ,if ur father alive ,and the property is ur mother name and ur mother want to transfer the property in ur name ?

in the other hand u are the legal heir and u r only son ?,

so there are no problem u go to will deed ,when ur mother alive the property is her name after the death of her u got the all property owner through the will deed

SUNNY DEOL (STUDENT )     21 July 2010

sir father is not alive

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     21 July 2010

Mr. Deol :

1.  Prepare a  "relinquishment deed" pertaining to the agri property.  Pay appropriate stamp duty and have it registered with the sub-registrar's office.

2.  Make a application to the  "tahsildar"  (asst. collector) of your area for substitution of name on land revenue records, based on the attached registered relinquishment deed.

3.  The tahsildar will approve your application without any hitches and send the same to the village officer (talathi or lekhpal)  for name  substitution in the village documents  (7x12,  Form no.6 and Form no. 8A).  A nominal fees is payable for all this,  besides the usual bribes.

4.  The talathi or lekhpal, will do the needful within 30 days and issue you the new 7x12 with change of names.

5.  The only charges you would incure is the lawyers fees for drafting the relinquishment deed, stamp duty charges, registration charges and appropriate fees at the land revenue dept (tahsildar's office)

That's it.  Nothing more.  No court procedures.   ALL above subject to mother being alive and no other legal heirs claiming anything.

Keep Smiling ..... Hemant Agarwal

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     22 July 2010

You meet local authority person and add your name in agriculture land because u r only heir and your mother add your name in revenue record, please u contect local lawyer.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     22 July 2010

sunny if urfather is not alive .

i suggess u to go with will deed .thereis no problem and u save the stamp duty also .

varun aggarwal (Advocate)     25 July 2010

Hi, Mr. Sunny
                    1) The best course with u is to get the registered will in your favour from your mother which will come into effect after the dath of ur mother and u will then become the owner after her death.
                     2) The other option available is that to get registed a transfer deed which is also called tabdil malkiat nama with in the blood relation from ur mother and it will only cost u  1% stamp duty.  theres no need of relinquishment deed.

Rohit Singhania (Advocate)     28 July 2010

I support veiw of Hemant Agarwal. Instead of Relinquishment Deed (it is not good in case of immovable properties), I suggest you can straight away make a Gift Deed from your mother to yourself. Get hold of a good local lawyer and ask him to guide you. You will also save on stamp duty.

Good Luck.

Ankit Agrawal (Technical Leader)     24 March 2014

I have one Property(Residential Flat) registered in the name of my father and myself.

The first name in the property is my Father, and I being the co-owner.

Now, my father wants to exclude his share in the property, may I know what is the procedure:

1. Expenses (knowing that both of the owners are in blood relation)

2. Process, the original papers being held by bank, as it is mortgage against home loan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register