LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Faheem   24 August 2015

Time limit for filing revision on crpc 125

Hello All,

1.) Kindly let me know what is the time limit to file revision under CRPC 125 in highcourt ?

Thanks !


 5 Replies

deep (deep)     24 August 2015

Time limit for filing the revision in the session court for interim maintenance case u/s 125 crpc (Criminal Law)


This query is : Resolved



Author : Raman 

Posted On 24 March 2013 at 19:40



Dear Expert members

In matrimonial cases for maintenance u/s 125 CrPC if any metropolitan magistrate awards unreasonable interim maintenance to the estranged wife what is the time limit for challenging the order of magistrate by the way of filing revision petition before the session court?


In such cases when the period of limitation starts begin to run ? whether by the serving of the order by the wife or from the date of pronouncement of order made by the Magistrate?


Under which section of CrPC it covers the Limitation ?? 



To activate Click to Talk, e-mail at 





Expert : raj kumar makkad 

Posted On 24 March 2013 at 20:08



30 days from the date of the pronouncement of order and relaxation of those days within which the certified copy of the order was not prepared by the copying branch is also added thereto.


Section 397 (1) is applicable in this matter.




Author : Raman 

Posted On 24 March 2013 at 20:43



Sir, the time limit has not been written in 397(1) CrPC..If we miss the period whether we can move to the H.C under section 482 CrPC and in such case what will be the time limit for appeal?




Expert : Arvind Singh Chauhan 

Posted On 24 March 2013 at 21:44



Within 90 days- Article 131 limitation act.Schedule 1




Expert : R.K Nanda 

Posted On 24 March 2013 at 22:47


Click to Talk


it is 90 days.




Expert : Devajyoti Barman 

Posted On 24 March 2013 at 23:57


Click to Talk


90 days for revision in sessions court of high court.

However there is no time limit for petition u/s 382 crpc.


Just copy pasted a thread if it can help u

But generally no change wud be there in the amount for neither for enhancement filed by wife nor for reduction applied by boy


It is 90 days. 30 days limitation was earlier for appeal u/s 19 of Family Courts Act, against final order or decision of family court, but now s. 19  also provides 90 days time. Revision is filed either under Cr.P.C.  or C.P.C. For both jurisdictions Art. 131 of the Schedule of Limitation Act provides for limitation of 90 days.

legaljoe68 (member)     15 September 2015

30 days in section 125 


SP   09 September 2017

what are the documents required at time of appeal? do we need to submit any amount at time of appeal?

kindly let me know.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register