LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaidehi   26 November 2017

Tenants eviction by letting building collapse

What will happen if landlord does not permit revedevelopment  and is  waiting for building  to collapse only to take away tenants rights and  evict tenants staying since 40-50 years.Is there any provision for safeguarding tenant's rights.



 7 Replies


Please tell state and location



Above question is very imp to ans your question

Adv. Aditya (Litigator GROSON ADVISORS)     26 November 2017

You will have to send a notice of repair in writing stating that the premises requires repair. If the landlord fails to take action on the same, you may apply to controller. If you can meet the expenditure of repair by yourself then i suggest you do that. keep all the bills of every expenditure incurred and apply to the controller of your jurisdiction for receiving the amount of expenditure incurred by you. 

if you only wish to know the legal provision, then please share the name of the state where the premises are located?

Adv. Aditya (Litigator GROSON ADVISORS)     26 November 2017

time given to landlord for making such repairs vary from state to state. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 November 2017

Yes, please post the complete facgts.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 November 2017

Incomplete information can not lead to form an opinion, consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts, guidance and proceeding.

Ankit Verma (Lawyer)     28 November 2017

First tell us in which state this property exist. 


First give notice to the landlord and i suggest you before making repairs of yourself, click some photographs, if possible appoint an structural architech, keep that structural achitechural report on yourself and start the repair work, keep those expenditure bills. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register