Here is the details of the problem that I am facing.
- I am a 75 year old person. I live with my wife who is 65 years old. We live in a house that is registered under my wife's name. I have another house that is registered under my name, in the same city.
- The second house - the one registered under my name - is rented out on lease. The lease was originally done for 11 months. On expiry of the first agreement the agreement was renewed for another 11 months. The agreement is due to expire in 2 months.
- The current agreement is done on a registry paper and notarized. It is not registered with the court.
- The tenant has not been paying his society dues for the last 11 months. These are not the rent. These are the charges of the group housing society. As per the agreement, he is supposed to pay them but he has not paid for the last 11 months.
- Till now, his rent is paid in time. These are post dated cheques and they are getting honored. The rent is more than 20K per month.
- I am not happy with him and I want to evict him, because he has been misbehaving with me. He has not let me in my house for any inspection for the last two years. Also the fact that his unpaid dues with society is over 10K which he has not paid inspite of multiple verbal reminders on phone. Now he is not also picking up his phone.
- My son, who used to work in a different city is now coming back to our city. I want to evict this tenant and allow my son and wife to stay in this house. However, now the tenant is flatly refusing to vacate or give any due date for vacating the premises. I am apprehensive that he has no intention of leaving even after 2 months when his lease term ends.
- Under current conditions what is my best course of action?
Thanks for any help.