Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Tenant maintenance issue- owners right

sir,

i have a tenant that had been living in my 2bhk apartment for the last 5 yearsthe flat is 10 yr old flat.... we had a flooring issue last year and i fixed it from my own expense, being a owner ...spent around 20k for it..and the same issue is back now but in a different room  where the flooring tiles were blowing out.. it all  looks to me that this is very well due to the improper maintenance of the flat by the tenant wit lot of things in the home...how should i handle this..as a owner ,do i have the right to warn the tenant to maintain the flat well and keep it clean(issue being we stay out of the state and cannot visit the flat frequently.).or should i just let the tenant leave with a  60 days notice...

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     02 June 2014

Sir, It is necessary to know: [1] the property is in which state? [2] Whether any tenancy/Leave & Licence/Lease agreement has been registered? and the terms thereto. Proper advice can only be offered after knowing the above essential information. Good Luck, Kishor Mehta

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 June 2014

If you feel that your tenant is not maintaining the house property upto the standard and his further stay in the premise will be detrimental, you may issue a notice to him to vacate the flat on the same grounds and i future make a proper lease agreement covering the issues making the tenant responsible for the same if it is due to their careless and irresponsible attitude.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register