Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil chaudhary (Software Eng.)     02 February 2013

Tax rebate on hra (house rent allowance)

Can anybody please explain me how to calculate rebate in income tax payable due to paying house rent as per income tax rules in India? Here is my case I'm salaried person my gross salary of Rs. 25,000/month. I spend Rs 4,000 per month as house rent and my current city noida(is noida metro city ?) then what will be the income tax payable for the financial year 2012-13 ?

Can anybody please explain me how to calculate rebate in income tax payable due to paying house rent as per income tax rules in India? Here is my case I'm salaried person my gross salary of Rs. 25,000/month. I spend Rs 4,000 per month as house rent and my current city noida(is noida metro city ?) then what will be the income tax payable for the financial year 2012-13 ?

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/tax-rebate-on-hra-house-rent-allowance--237368.asp#.UQy1q_klT1U

Learning

4 Replies

Neha Sharma (Student)     03 February 2013

The exemption of House Rent Allowance also depends on how much amount your employer has paid you for this purpose.

For more details refer this article on House Rent Allowance

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     02 March 2013

I have received HRA alongwith salary for full FY12-13, but paid rent & provided rent receipts for only 6 months. My employer says that for calculation of HRA exemption u/s 10, Basic Salary & HRA received for only the corresponding period (6 months) should be considered, and not the Basic Salary & HRA received for the entire FY12-13.

Please advise if what my employer says is correct (with case studies/judgements/articles if possible).

VARUN MAHAJAN (Proprietor)     26 March 2013

Rightly said by your employer, you need to show your recipt for claiming of HRA deduction if not you might be having any rent agreement by which you may claim the same

VARUN MAHAJAN (Proprietor)     26 March 2013

anil chaudhary

You have to show first of all your salary details i.e composition of your salary

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register