Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhal Nathan   08 December 2020

Stepping up of pay

Dear All,

I am a Central Govt employee. I got promoted to a higher post on 20 Jul 15 (under 6th CPC) while my colleague in the lower post (who was drawing same pay as me before my promotion) got promoted to the same higher post one year later on 25 Jul 16 (under 7th CPC). He opted for pay fixation on Date of Next Increment (DNI) and his pay was fixed on 01 Jul 17 wherein he again started drawing same pay as me. However, on 01 Jan 18 he received his first increment in the new rank (as per provisions of the 7th CPC) and started drawing more pay than me.

I had taken up the issue with my department for stepping up my pay to that of the junior on 01 Jan 18 (when the anomaly arises). However, it was turned down on the grounds that - as per 7th CPC provisions, stepping up is applicable only if an anomaly arises when pay is fixed on the date of promotion of the junior, and in this case both were drawing equal as on 01 Jul 17 (when the junior's pay was fixed).

In my view, this goes against the system of natural justice and meritorius perfomance, as another person with lesser seniority in rank is getting more pay for the same post. This also has implications on other allowances such as DA, HRA, etc which are calculated on the basic pay. Further, the junior will end up drawing higher pension than the senior.

So can someone please advise as to how I can seek legal recourse against this injustice. This issue affects my entire batch who were promoted between 02 Jul - 31 Dec 15

Thank you

Subhal Nathan

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register