LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

annonymous (na)     20 March 2013

State bank cheque book not recieved

According to rbi directive in decemeber  all non cts  cheques  should be  replaced ...so sbi  send new cheque book to all of its account holders .. ..

" My address with the bank is completely correct"

so  accordingly  sbi sent  3 cheque books to our family .(as we have 3 accounts with them)  about  2 months ago ..

But unfortunately  we did not recieve  them ... (Upon google i found there are countless topics  on same issue where people complaining not  recieving of cheque books )....

I visited branch  to provide me some information like courier number/speed post number etc so that i can trace the cheque books .. but  the bank officer told me  they donot have any of such kind of information  which could be used to trace the cheque book .. Then i approached customer care and they confirmed that cheque books are sent   but they also donot have information on how it was sent like courier or  post etc ?...

Upon  asking what is the approprate  action , bank employee   told me cancel these cheque books and  request new one ..

now my questions are as follows ..

1.  can such cheque books could be used for false complaints under  420/.138 ni  act  to extract money ?

2. can i  do something to  force bank to  provide me satisfactory  answer . (like help me to trace  the cheque books or confirm what happened to them).

3.  I am sure  being  largest bank a lot of member on this forum have account with sbi .. So did other people   recieve  cheque book from sbi ... because the officer told me the cheque book is issued to all the accounts  of sbi . (sbi gave public notice in december to  verify addresses because they will send cheque books to  everyone .)..

4. if  bank does not resolve the issue ... what exactly i should do to  prevent /eliminate risk of misuse of  cheque book.

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     20 March 2013

you need write to the bank i.e. all the account holders have to write to the bank seperately stating that the cheque book with CTS facility sent to them is not received by you till date and hence in order to prevent misuse of the same kindly request them to cancel the same and issue fresh cheque books in lieu of the same.

You need to mention that there should not be any penalty or charges levied on all your accounts as you are not in fault. Also do not forget to mention that you have approached the branh and customer care service for obtaining the tracking number of your parcels. which unfortunately they could not provide to you hence you are witing this letter to the bank.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register