LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sohana (A student in MindQuest)     09 November 2014

Ssc

I appeared in SSC CGL 2013 which was held on 20th April, 2013. But at that time I was not graduate (I was in 8th semester/4th year of engineering BE). I completed my engineering on 27th August, 2013. Thereafter, SSC CGL-2013 was cancelled and I again appeared in SSC CGL re-exam 2013 which was held on 20th July, 2014.  I cleared the exam and my name was in merit list.

SSC CGL re-exam 2013 was conducted almost one and a half year after the CGL-2013 exam, in such a long time I have acquired the essential eligibility qualifications for this post.

Am I an eligible candidate for the post?? If not then can i do anything in this matter to be eligible in this regard??

Details

Date

Date of graduating (B.E.)

27-08-2013

Date of SSC CGL-2013 re-exam Tire-1

20-07-2014

Date of SSC CGL-2013 re-exam Tire-2

21-09-2014

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2014

please read advertisement.

1. what is the cut off date of qualification specified in the advertisement?
  2. what was the essential qualification as per advertisement?
  3. did you have the said qualification on that date?

sohana (A student in MindQuest)     11 November 2014

I completed my engineering on 27th August, 2013.  According to SSC notification of SSC CGL 2013  “Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent” as on 1st January,2013 is essential qualifications.

But  according to DOPT, ”Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC / SSC /Competent Authority in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.”

and CGL 2013 was first cancelled and reexam took place after 16 months.

is there any way that i may be made eligible for the post.

Thanks in Advance.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 November 2014

You are not eligible

You said

"But  according to DOPT, ”Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC / SSC /Competent Authority in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.

1. is this part of advertisement?
  2. whether any such relaxation has been given to any candidate in this selection.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register