Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asif (sales)     21 May 2014

Sra resale shop clarification on types of noc from society

Hello,

In 2012, I had purchased a shop in Mumbai which was in a SRA co-operative society. At the time of sale, the owner / tenant and the agent said that the building has completed 10 years. They showed me BMC assessment tax copy which was for January 2002.

I had gone to the society office also and they said that they will provide with a NOC letter once the owner / tenant clears all the maintenance and assessments charges.

I cleared all the dues directly by paying the society and they issued a NOC letter.

Then we went ahead and paid the stamp duty and did the registration. Till here everything went very smoothly.

Problem 1 - Then later on the society says that the NOC they had given was not for sale. They have mentioned that the owner has cleared all the dues and nothing is pending now. They have not mentioned that the owner / tenant can sell the shop.

I want to know whether there are different types of NOC that the society issues or NOC is just common and they are just playing around with me.

Problem 2 – Society says that the building was built and possession was given in 2002, but the shop I have purchased was registered in 2005. Possession was given in 2002, but the registration and stamp duty of the shop was done in 2005.

I want to know whether the agreement, registration and stamp duty done by me is valid or will there be any problem in future.

I would really appreciate if someone can please provide some help and information on this.

Thank you

Asif

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register