LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samayeta Bal   09 August 2021

Sec 6(f) of tpa

The court directs a govt. official to pay maintenance to his wife, whom he deserted. But the husband does not comply with the court's orders. The court thus gives a judgement stating that money is transferred from the account of the public officer directly into the bank of his ex-wife. Is it possible or can the judgement be challenged under TPA and CPC?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 August 2021

Grant of interim maintenance/maintenance passed by principal judge of family court can be challenged in High court. ... You may challenge the order in High Court withing 30 days of the orders and it is possible that the High Court will pass suitable orders. The case must be filed before due period. 

Samayeta Bal   09 August 2021

Thank you, sir, but my main contention behind the question was, whether the salary of a government official is attached to the decree of maintainence. If you could please clear my doubt, I would be obliged

Kevin Moses Paul   17 August 2021

As the question concerning you, let me inform you that the exemption of first Rs. 1000/- of the salary also does not apply for a maintenance decree.
Thus, it means that un maintenance decree 2/3rd of the salary can be attached without deducting anything else as UN-ATTACHABLE PORTION.

Feel free to check out the link given below, in order to clarify all your doubts regarding the matter:-
https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/can-salary-be-attached-by-court-to-satisfy-a-decree-order--11031.asp

Hope It Helps!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register