LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Danendra jain (manager)     06 May 2011

Root Cause of Corruption

How is it possible that fake pilot officers are recruited in India?

IAS and IPS officers are transferred at the whims of ministers.

Judges are selected not on merit but on recommendation.

Why banks are allowed to recruit officers in higher scale depriving senior experienced officers available in banks? Is it a direct permission to top ranked officers to earn through recruitment?

Do anyone know how much cash is required to be paid by aspirants for the post of ED or CMD of a Public Sector bank to various top level dignitaries?

Is it not true that high level source and recommendation of some ministers is enough to become director, ED or CMD of a bank or a Public Sector Undertaking?

In fact one has to pay for getting posting and promotion too in all government departments, in police department, in banks, in insurance companies, in schools and colleges and in brief almost in all offices.  

Even teachers are recruited as per whims and fancies of MLA, MP and minister of the area in which school is located. Posting of BDO, CO DC, DM, SP and all IAS and IPS officers are done by group of ministers after taking money in some way or the other.

Similarly when top officers of a PSU are selected by Interview panels only after paying money, such officers will definitely try to recover the same from his subordinates.

People who come by paying money try their level best to earn money as much as possible.

Similar is the position of MLA and MP who earn illegal money to become MLA, MP and ministers.

Why do all ministers put verbal pressure on corporate houses and recruitment bodies in government offices to give employment to their kids, friends and relatives?

Why CBI officials going against government are posted at critical laces and officers who provide safety to corrupt ministers and corrupt corporate houses are promoted violating policy and given choice posting?

Officers have to pay cash or gift invariably for getting recruitment or posting in top positions in addition to use of recommendations from some important and powerful person. Due to this, quality of workforce has faced great erosion practically in all offices.

Management of bank and public sector undertaking k is thus creating frustration and disincentive among good officers who are being rejected not only in promotion process by greedy top officers but humiliated by newly recruited direct bosses.

Is it not harmful for the health of public sector undertakings?

Such unhealthy practices are root cause of all corruption and still PM of India   you continue to watch Chirharan of Draupdi as he and his team of ministers   did in 2G scam?

Even President of India or a Governor of a state, or director and CEO of a PSU is handpicked by ruling party to serve their vested interest and honest performers are posted at critical places for some reason or the other without taking into account the capacity to perform or knowledge of the person or the past background of the person.

It will not be astonishing for anyone in India if ruling party appoints Mr. Kalmadi or Mr. A Raja or Mr. Madhu Koda or Mr. Lalu Yadav as Governor of a state in near future. It is not abnormal when a corrupt General Manager or ED of bank of PSU who gives bribe to Secretary or Minister is appointed as ED or CMD of a bank or a PSU.

In fact merit is always the victim and Indian courts are not in a position to do justice for such victimized persons who are denied their right of recruitment, promotions and posting at better places. Even officers in vigilance department or in CBI or Anti Corruption bureau earn money by treating guilty as innocent or work under the pressure and advice of top ranked officers and minister who can make or mar their career.

As such I always say that root cause of all corruption in our country is the prevalent malpractices in the process of recruitment, promotion and postings. Flattery has become the master key to enter the process and then money plays the vital role in getting the desired employment, desired posting and desired promotion at the cost of quality people, talented people and devoted honest workers.

And hence Central Bureau of Investigation should be instructed to investigate thoroughly the process of recruitment, promotions and posting of last 20 to 30 years and try to punish all top ranked officers who committed crime of handpicking corrupt officers for promotion and posting at good places and who created bad culture in government offices by promoting flattery culture.

Why officers feel pleasure in extending red carpet welcome to his bosses is an open secret and hence I need not enlighten elaborately much on this subject.

It is open secret that crores of rupees are spent illegally in welcoming a top official or departmental head or a minister almost by all departments and government owned offices companies and bodies. There is none to stop such unhealthy culture which is mother of all corruptions, scams and scandals.

Need of hour is to snatch all discretionary powers invested in top officials related to transfer, posting, promotion and recruitment.

It is necessary to abolish the system of Interview for all in-house promotion systems.

It is seen that top officers seldom gives respect to merit and such powerful officers gives weightage to either bribe or recommendation of some other VIPs . As a result, such powerful and so called responsible officers rape talented and sincere performers and that too in the name of Merit and suitability.

It is therefore necessary to bring about as much transparency as possible in all such processes.

Learning

8 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 May 2011

very good question raised by the author.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     06 May 2011

And the answers for all the questions is.............................................................................................................:

DID WE EVER GREASED PALM OF CONCERNED STAFF TO GET OUR WORK DONE IN THIS FREE DEMOCRATIC INDIA OUR HOMELAND BY DEFAULT THEN NO USE BEATING THE BUSH BECAUSE NONE ELSE EXCEPT WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE ILLS.

KINDLY REMEMBER FRIENDS WHEN WE POINT ACCUSING FINGER TOWARDS ANYBODY THREE FINGERS ALWAYS POINT TOWARDS US.(IF UNSURE PLEASE DO IT YOURSELF NOW AND SEE.)

GOD SAVE MY COUNTRY FROM HYPOCRITES.

AMEEN.

subhash chander verma (1)     06 May 2011

Dear All

Recently I had written an article titled "A crusade against Corruption" which I do share with forum members. Your views may inspire us all.

Regards

S.C. Verma

Attached File : 37 37 crusade against corruption 1.pdf downloaded: 127 times

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 May 2011

Dear Leraned LCI Members, on this issues I can only quote the memorable words of Mahatma Gandhi," India has enough to satisfy the needs of all Indians but not their Greeds".It is the Greeds that breeds corruptions and we have to fight collectively against such over ambitions who tried to reaped the wealth of the Nation through Corruptions without contributing anything for the Nation. wake up Indians to the reality?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 May 2011

Let us make India Great by deeds not by false propoganda or make believe by living in a false world of INDIA. AFETR ALL how long such false hope can last?

Susanta Chakraborty ( )     16 May 2011

Dear ShriGopal Soni, Don't think you are alone, we are with you. We have to build corruption free India. The RTI is a good process to get information within a time limit and officials are fearful about that. But is there anyway to stop the cash dealing?

Dear Danendra Jain, Thank you for all those queries.

It is to inform you all that this happens in every step. Even if a constable wants to get promotion or transfer to a juicy place (you know what I mean) he has to pay. And the higher position it is, the heftier cash deal occurs. One can not imagine how bulky the amount can be. It’s beyond common people’s imagination. Yes, don’t get shocked it is more than 100/1000 Crores for the top position held in Govt. organization/commission.

My personal opinion is that for transparency, the Govt. should have to publish every document on net (and should be open for public opinion) along with the reason behind selection. But who will tie the knot? Govt. even stops the Banks to publish name of the culprits (Big bulls) who has taken loan and not paying back. They are not publishing the name of persons having Swiss bank account…

My India, Incredible India! And we the muss are waking up. Be ware! Corrupted people, you have to answer for every wrong step.

I have posted a poll: “Will corruption in India ever stop?” and 40% said yes. I am sure this will increase by the time.

Susanta Chakraborty ( )     16 May 2011

I have posted a poll: “Will corruption in India ever stop?” and 40% said yes. I am sure this will increase by the time.

SSng Aulakh (Senior Ship Master)     19 August 2011

The author has correctly defined the root cause of corruption in the article and all will be fully agree to the same.

Although the British rulers had gone away from our country but the rules and regulations are remaining almost the same. Their place is now occupied by the greedy politicians and government officers who are looting this country. The Indian public still remains as slave after so many years of independence.

Let us remove the root cause of correption from this counrty by timely action for the better future of our Nation.

reply by Capt Sukhdev Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register