Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasanth MS (General)     10 January 2021

Rental issue

Dear Sir, Madam

I rented my house to lawyer. He is staying in my house for 3 years, he has given rent only few months. After sometime he started to talk to me irrespectively and when i ask him to leave my house he stop paying rent for last 2 years. Now he got new own house and shifting too. He sent lawyer notice with false allegation like i have given torture him, increased rent, never taken care when he report some issues in house followed by sent summon too. Now he told to neighbor, he is going to lock my house and leave to his new house. Unless i pay him, he won’t give key, I can’t break the lock as he filed the case and it is illegal like that. 

After he gone to his new house, can i break his lock and move some of my things and start to occupy? Will it be problem in future?

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     11 January 2021

You have to file eviction suit to take possession of the property and collection of rent due as per the existing laws in your State. Breaking open the lock is a criminal offence. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 January 2021

Breaking lock is not advised.

File a suit for eviction, recovery of rent, damages and mesne profits.

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register