Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv. Sanjay (Lawyer)     20 July 2011

Regarding change in name on records

Now one person is having some documents already like the Driving License, Pan Card and Ration Card etc., in one name and he is purchasing the lands in other name  and he wants to change his name to the latter one but to show that this is his correct name he dont have records as the records are in other name only. So the question is whether he has to file a dedclaration suit or make simply an affidavit for change of name?


 2 Replies

rajesh kumar (D.O.)     20 July 2011

go to notary & change your name.

Panduranga Acharya (manager)     21 July 2011

For change of Name an affidavit is enough. sworn before a notary or a judicial magistrate. subsequent to the execution of change of name same shall be notified by way of paper publication in both local and English language news papers and retain some copies.

change in name should be requested by a representation along with the copy of the affidavit & paper publication (originals may be produced for verification) to the concerned authorities for change of name in PAN,DL and any other documents.

guidelines with draft affidavit attached for your benifit.

-Panduranga Acharya


Attached File : 127387 196553 40 forms 10 .pdf downloaded: 143 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads