Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TM PREMKUMAR (Retired)     06 January 2013

Refusal to accept legal notice

Dear Sir,

An agreement to sell was executed by me and a buyer with a specific performance clause. A specific sum was paid at the time of execution of the agreement top sell. Even after 3 months the buyer did not make any effort to buy. His cheques also was returned for want of sufficient funds. An Earnest Money Deposit  [EMD} was collected specifying that the same will be forfeited in case of default.

After delaying for long, over 10 months, the buyer, recently declared on a Rs 20/- non-judicial stamp paper, that the vendor is free to terminate the agreement unilaterally in the event of him not honouring the final revised date given.

A legal notice was served on him, enclosing cheques for the amount received less EMD collected. The notice has been returned by the posal authorities endorsing 'left".

Can you please advise me

1.   what should I do, if he again refuses to accept the legal notice?

2.   can I unilaterally treat the agreement as cancelled, since he has himself given a solemn declaration

that I can cancel the agreement if the date is not honoured?

3.   am I free to sell the property to any other person, or should I filke a case?

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

[TM Premkumar]

Learning

1 Replies

sridhar Domala - 9989493740 (advocate)     07 January 2013

the endorsement which the postal department is given is the "left", that means the person might have shifted his residence to some other area, find out where that person is, and you have file a suit and then cancel the agreement of sale.  or if you have any party ready to purchase your property then ask new vendee file a paper publication and then go for registration.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register