Upgrad LLM

refund of tax paid

Student -CA -Final

Dear Friends,

I have a query related to belated cheque of refund recieved in A.Y. 2006-07.

If a individal assessee recived a chaeque of refund for the A.Y. 2006-07.but he didnt deposit it for unavoidable reason..can he get the amount of refund in current A.Y.

If yes then how?


Yes, he can. Approach the concerned A.O for validation of the stale order or request an issue of fresh refund order


CEO- Jena & Company www.jenasworld.com


Q-Can he get the amount of refund in current A.Y..

Ans. No

Ask individual assessee to go to the concerned A.O. with a indemnity bond stating why that refund cheque has not been deposited yet and  the ITR copy along with bank statement (if required by ITO)

Request to the ITO to issue a fresh refund, and they will re issue the cheque.

Remember to collect the acknowledgement copy.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x