LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (nil)     22 January 2013

Recently we have been cheated around 10 lac rupees


Hi All,

I am from Chennai-Tamilnadu, Recently we have been cheated around 10 Lac rupees by one of our relative.

Our relative approached my mother to get money in order start her own business and she committed that she can give 1.5% of interest during this period of time. Also, she said that this amount can be return back at the max of 2 years time. 

My mother was not convinced at the first instance, but later the so called relative... came to our house very frequently and disturbed lot in order to get money from my mom. Finally, this lady got  Rs. 5 Lac (1.5 years ago)  + Rs 2 Lac (1 year ago) and Rs. 3 Lac (Few months ago, my mothers friend gave this amount). But, my mom did not formally documented all these disbursement with witness. She just wrote down the amount, disbursed dated and just got the signature (Without Thumb Impression) from that lady in a Rs. 20 Stamp paper. Because, my mom simply believed the words spoken by that Lady. 

That lady was not paying the agreed interest to my mom for the last 2-3 months. So my mom started asking her to return the money back, the lady was just giving some bullsh*t excuses. Now, we came to know that the lady is not actually started any business. But, she just used our money to get higher interest from various other people. When we discussed with her, she said that the amount from us Rs. 10 Lacks  and similarly few more lacks from other people have been already lost by doing finance, also she is giving few other bullsh*t reasons. 

During our direct conversation last week, we have identified that the lady was not cheated by any one and also she is tyring to create situation like the way she got cheated by others. Also, her husband is not taking any responsibility about fraud committed by her wife. During this meet we were just able to get a signature from that lady in front of one witness that she received this amount from my mom. Also,we were able to record the acceptance that she received this amount from us. The lady is not in a mindset to give the money back to us, even if we give one year time period.

Kindly give your best suggestion that, how we could approach this case further. Also, do let me know what kind of other evidence could help further in this case? 

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,



 5 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     22 January 2013

Dear querist ,

You can file a recovery suit in the court to get the money rest is depending upon your lawyer how to take the evidences in accordance.

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     22 January 2013

dont worry you can file a criminal case against that lady.  i am ready to help you in this case because i am in chennai 

Neelam Narania (partner)     22 January 2013

Hello Anand,

You ave shown smartness in collecting evidences. You can file a civil suit also as well as criminal case for cheating against that lady. If want to have detailed consultation then please call on 7893322661


Anand (nil)     23 January 2013


Hello All,

Thanks for your response so far. Please share few more advice....

Adding further information related to this case.

We have contacted her once directly at her home. After that we never been there since last week.

But, today we heard that few other  people (cheated by the lady) went to her  house in order to ask their money back. Since, she did finance, this lady is trying to scare them by saying she will go to police. We think that this lady might know some one in police to save her or she would have already planned to do something.

Please let us know, how we could react to this lady.   

Anand (nil)     20 May 2013

We have launched a complaintis through commissoner office about her cheating. Even, infront of police she is saying that she took the money from us. But, she dont have money to give back. After, many investigation with her. she is very strong enough to say that, she din have money to paybak. please suggest, how we can approach this case, Tx.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register