LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PS (Others)     21 April 2014

Real estate/ builders responsibility.

Hi, I am looking forward to know the responsibilities of the builder after delivering the projects; flats to the buyers.

If the sale deed is executed by the builder in favour of buyer

1. If there is any payment due to the govt. agencies like for some approvals, etc, does it be paid by builder or by the buyer?

2. What is the life of the building sold by the builder. Let say if a building collapse due to bad quality of the material or due to any natural calamity, does builder has any responsibility against the same? 

2.1 Can the buyer claim anything from the govt agencies or from the builder ?

I

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     21 April 2014

The moment you get the possession of the property, the responsibility shifts from builder to you. You have to take care of all revenue records and  formalities, after getting due forms signed by the land lord. For  your second query, it depends upon the city development authorities, to certify the quality of the building. so you should  insist for completion certificate issued by the concerned authorities to the builder. Failure to adhere to the above said formalities will land you in trouble and in the event of any wrong happening,you cannot fix the responsibility and you may have to spend your  time in court rooms fighting legal battle.

PS (Others)     22 April 2014

Thanks Sir.

So the completion certification make the builder responsible for the building material and quality.

In case of any mishap, the builder will be accountable and responsible right.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 April 2014

I agree with the opinion of Advocate Mr. Raghavan.  The completion certificate will make the builder responsible for the standard of the building completed by him.  

PS (Others)     23 April 2014

Agree with you Sir. But is there any duration, timeframe for which the builder is responsible.

and to what extent the builder will be responsible.

I am asking this as I am suspecting a huge gap in the agreements etc signed b/w builder and owner and no one is aware of the facts. 

This might be a way to make people aware.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register