LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

puneet (m)     27 September 2011

Charges for succession certificate

i am from (up)my father died last month he was having a demat account with no nomination in it which had a holding of app 9lac now the bank requires a succession certificate to transfer the shares in the demat account of my mother(only legal hier)

i just want to know what are the charges incurred in this process(court fees,stamp dutyetc).

Learning

17 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     27 September 2011

Approx 3% is the charge of stamp duty in Haryana and it is diferent from State to State.

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     15 October 2011

to get the succession certificate from court the process is long. and expedious. Charges for filing petition before court is nominal but after passing decree to issue sucessiion certificate decree holder should pay requisit  stamp duty. the stamp duty is vaied from state to state. So consult advocate in your place.

K.V.S.S.PRABHAKAR RAO

ADVOCATE

RAJAHMUNDRY (A.P)

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     16 October 2011

YOU HAVE TO PAY CORT FEES ACCORDING TO THE PROPERTY VALUATION FOR WHICH YOU WANT THE SUCCESSION CERTIFICATE. HOWEVER TO FILE APPLICATION YOU HAVE TO PAY NOMINAL FEES AS COURT FEE SIMILAR TO THE APPLICATION.

Advocate Rajiv Mishra (advocate)     21 October 2011

In UP u hv to pay a lump sum arrond 8% of principal ammount as court fees,according to the table, contact local counsel.

Bhupendra (Engineer)     25 November 2011

I have applied for "Succession Certificate" in Aurangabad, Maharashtra district court. Can anyone aware that we need to pay any court fee for the same ? If yes what is basis for court fee amount ? Is that depend on valuation of property ? If yes how much percent of valuation amount I need to pay as court fee for obtaining "Succession Certificate" ? ... please reply as soon as possible... as next hearing date is on Nov 28th

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     27 November 2011

Dear Puineet

It will be mentioned in teh Court fee Act separetly for each state

rahul (csa)     22 March 2012

Hi Sir  My  Name  is   Rahul . My  father  was man missing since 2004 and now 2012 seven years completed i need to apply succsession certificate how  much time  it  would   take  if   i  invest   money  more  to advocate also my mother and  sister   we are legalaires  of my father during bank account

rahul (csa)     22 March 2012

Hi Sir  My  Name  is   Rahul . My  father  was man missing since 2004 and now 2012 seven years completed i need to apply succsession certificate how  much time  it  would   take  if   i  invest   money  more  to advocate also my mother and  sister   we are legalaires  of my father during bank account  

I am from Ongole (AP)

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     22 March 2012

Dear Rahul your father missing in 2004. So first you must file suit for declaration that demeed to dead since 7 years unheard. You should made Muncipal coropoarion as party to the proceedings  and deatgh of should registred in death registry  then you can get succcesion certificate. So consult Advocate Sridhar.P Ongole. he can guide you

rahul (csa)     24 March 2012

Yes to apply the death certificate in muncipality their is a supreme court order that RDB(reserve death birth) is silent in man missing death certificate and the court should issue the death certificate and succssesion

and if u can give ur mobile number means i have one more dovt  regarding L.I.C and its sum assured is 24 Lks

Or else My phone number : 7893872187

rahul (csa)     10 April 2012

Sir i Have Applied Succsession in District  court  and  registration has been completed and i got the date of  case also but they have not told me to  give news paper add and it nesscery to give in succsession or not required

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2012

Dear Sir

To get the succession certificate from court the process is that court order for paper publication  and charges for filing petition before court is nominal but after passing award to issue succession certificate decree holder should pay requisite non judicial stamp duty which depend on the amount .Such stamp duty is varied from state to state. So consult advocate in your state

Mohini (housewife)     19 February 2014

MR. RAJ KUMMAR, As u said charges are different  from state to state. As u said 3% of stamp duty. Pls let me know any advocate in Baroda. I contact one advocate for my friend. He is saying 15% on FIXED DEPOSITS value. and 5%  of value of property . Pls help in this matter. Thanks

Ram V (Engineer)     12 March 2014

Greetings. I am trying to figure out succession certificates process and fees and have a question on the fees. What is the court fees as percentage of assets for Andhra Pradesh?

Secondly for land property, would fees be calculated on current registration value or original purchase value. Same question for shares, is it just percent of current market value? Any assets that are added to the succession order would be subject to new fees is it?

Lastly, is the fees payable after the application is approved or up front.

Thank you!
Ram

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register