Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jack Sparrow (IT professional)     19 September 2010

query regarding registered marriage

We want to marry in Kolkata. But I work in AHmedabad and my permanent address is in Burdwan (West bengal). My girlfriend also stays in Burdwan but she studied in Kolkata. Marriage registrar says that we can marry if some of my relative in Kolkate gives it in writing that he knows me and he gives his voter i card and also becomes the witness. Is it possible? Will this marriage be legal. My girl friend's parents are against the marriage and they might do some chaos later. Please advise whether this marriage is also possible


 1 Replies

Saratchandra Sivalenka (Lawyer)     26 September 2010


The marriage would be legal. It happens all the time. You need not worry about the marriage being a voidable marriage. Mere wrong address during registration by itself is not grounds for voidable marriage.


Sivalenka SP Saratchandra Kumar, MA, BL
Hyderabad Lawyer for NRIs
Door No 1-8-540/2, First Floor
Next Lane to Odeon Theatre, Chikkadpally
Hyderabad, AP 500020
Tel: +91-9490119818


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query