Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shan (Engineer)     21 August 2013

Query reg passport

Hi,

I work in merchant navy, I possess a valid passport, with no spouse name entered in it. 

Got married 3 years back, wife has got passport in her maiden name. She hasnt done any changes to her passport after marriage, no spouse name and no change of address. She is using her maiden name for all purposes.

I would like to get new passport for my kid who is 2 years old. To apply, either one of the parents' passport should have spouse name entered. At present, I can not apply for reissue of passport as I have valid US visa in my passport.. Also, I will be joining ship in short notice from the company. So, I am planning to get spouse name entered in my wife's passport. I have following queries:

1. While applying to include spouse name, is it required to change the address also? (address in my passport and her's are different now)

2. Is there any problem for applying kid's passport, if address in our passports are different?

2. Suppose she retains her old address, and if I apply for the passport of kid, what will be the address in kids' passport?

Thank you in advance,

Shan.

Learning

1 Replies

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     16 September 2013

Hi

1. Any one of the parents passport must have spouse name and the present address where u live

2. You cannot have different address and apply for your kid in some other address, but one parent can have different address

3. You cannot apply for your kid if either your passport or your wifes passport has no spouse name and current address

4. Please ask your wife to apply for her passport with her bank account and marriage certificate. Then after she gets her passport she can apply for her kid. Fathers passport must be carried by her when she applies for the kid

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register