Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bipin Mishra (Senior Accountant)     20 August 2010

Punjab National Bank - Fraud Transaction

Dear Seniors,

I Bipin Mishra working for a food industry. There is some personal problem in my saving bank account without my knowledge the amount was missing from my account, and banker is not responding in this regard.

I had opened a saving bank account in Punjab national bank at Lakdi ka pool branch in Hyderabad.

On 16th December 2009 somebody has done transaction through internet banking and transferred an amount of rupees 11000/- . So we had given a complaint against banker to the nearest police station. As per their investigation we found it was happened at Malad branch in Bombay by the name of Pramod Banshraj Patel. He is also a customer of Punjab National Bank. The Banker is replied that it is a cyber crime, they are helpless.

Recently I had withdrawn 2200/- from Indusind Bank ATM at Banjara Hills Branch with my PNB ATM Card (Debit Card) which is near to my place. And the same was sowing I withdraw twice. The same issue intimated to the bank, they said go for further investigation with Indusind Bank and solve the problem. Further there is no reply from their end. After going several times at last they replied claim rejected without any reason.

Request you to kindly cooperate and help me in this regard, if any such cases arise. Waiting for your advice.

Thanks & Regards

Bipin Mishra

Learning

8 Replies

kartikeya (lawyer/cyber law consultant/cyber crime investigator)     20 August 2010

u can contact cyber crime cell in hyd

Hyderabad City Police - Cyber Crimes

Cyber Crimes Cell Contacts

Asst. Commissioner of Police Sri. Md. Iqbal Siddiqui  9494616 168 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              9494616 168      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Inspector of Police Sri. T.S. Uma Maheshwar Rao  9490616 827 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              9490616 827      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Office 040 - 2785 2040 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              040 - 2785 2040      end_of_the_skype_highlighting  
Email cybercell_hyd@hyd.appolice.gov.in

they will look after your matter....

1 Like

harsh asthana (advocate)     20 August 2010

These things are taking place these days in many banks If you want you can file a case in consumer forum and get compensation.

I am dealing with one such case in and if you are interested I can file a case in consumer forum for you

I am a an advocate in hyderabad you can call me on 984910435 for any advice

malaisamy (M.A.,B.L.,)     20 August 2010

First you apply for a statement for the period in which you transacted.

You can very well file a case in The consumer Forum on the grounds of "Breach of Contract" and "Defeciency in Service" The banker is liable.

The banker has given the Net Banking facility and ATM facility to you. It is the bounden duty of the bank to monitor the electronic transaction made by the customer.

If it was found that there was some hardware problem in the ATM machine, they only responsible.

kartikeya (lawyer/cyber law consultant/cyber crime investigator)     22 August 2010

in this case 1st u can write to bank in written about the incident as you have a name of the person in whose account the transaction been done... here one question how'd bank know that it is cyber crime?? because if that person has committed cyber crime it would be in fake account not in real account... but if its cyber crime or by some mistake of bank then also bank can reverse the amount to your account.. 1st thing u ve to do is freeze your bank account facility as of now... as it can be misuse ....2nd if ur pc is infected of virus or any other malware.. scan it with good antivirus or format it ...

as you said that you ve lodge a complaint in local police station you can tell them to refer it to cyber cell hyd.

about indusland bank atm prob it can be solved by bank as its technical error and the liability is on bank only..
u can lodge consumer complaint  too but in my opinion 1st clear the matter what is exactly done with your money and account .. it's cyber crime or any technical error....

now a days bank and any other company consider any technical error as a cyber crime :P as people are not aware of cyber crime.. and also police and legal people are also not much sound about this kinda crime....

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 September 2010

If you have submitted the complaint in writing and received the reply in writing, you my escalate the matter to the grievance manager citing your objections i.e. the company has given irresponsible reply and the company is duty bound to refund the moneys to you.

For ATM transaction also you may file your complaint in writing to the company, under receipt.

If your grievance is not resolved in writing you can complain to RBI,and you can also file complaint in consumer court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 January 2012

About 1-2 year back many PNB bank site was hackedd. customers were receiving e-mail asking for details. PNB gave a scanty opublicity of the same. A copy of circular was seen pasted on  wall of branch. There was no vide publicity. I hope you have not fallento the trap. You account is hacked and must be closed immediately. No the Hyderabad police has found fraduster in one cae os convass upon them to bring him from Bomaby to Hyderabad.

M Madhu Prakash (Advocate)     29 January 2012

As a first setup you give a complaint to main branch and then you give complaint to cyber crime department 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 January 2012

Don't revive dead threads.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register