LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya   14 March 2024

Property tax

I have common areas with my brothers like corridor. The mutation should be done on whom name. Corridor is the area we both share.

Learning

2 Replies

Kartikey Tiwari   14 March 2024

In cases where property is shared, such as a common corridor, the mutation can be done in the names of all the owners who share that space. The mutation process is a way to update the land records to reflect the current status of ownership and usage. It’s important to ensure that all parties who have a stake in the common areas are represented in the mutation records. This helps in maintaining clear and legal documentation of each person’s rights and responsibilities regarding the shared property. 

Options for Mutation:

When it comes to mutation, you have a few options:

Individual Mutation: 

You can choose to mutate the corridor in the name of one specific owner (either you or one of your brothers). This would mean that the corridor becomes the exclusive property of that individual.

Joint Mutation: 

Alternatively, you can opt for a joint mutation, where the corridor remains jointly owned by all parties involved (you and your brothers). In this case, the corridor would continue to be a shared area.

Remember, accurate and up-to-date mutation records are essential for legal clarity and can prevent disputes in the future. Therefore, it’s crucial to handle the mutation process carefully and include all relevant parties in the documentation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 March 2024

It is a common area hence the mutation on all the names I.e., a joint mutation for the common areas to be obtained 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register