LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay (owner)     16 August 2012

Property sold without notification !!

I am a tenant in a shop since more than 35 years.Now its been sold to another person without notifying me either.The new owner wants me to vacate it.i am deeply shocked what shall i do next ???

Its the only bread & butter for my family.Please help me out.I am very much stressed.

i sent DD of rent of july month to the last owner.He says i will not encash it,its been sold now.But as per my knowledge its not been registered yet.Where shall i pay the rent now ?? Please help.

Learning

3 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     17 August 2012

Pay the rent in the court saying that you have already submitted the DD beng  number so and so to the owner and approach the sub-registrar office for cancellation of the sale deed, saying that you were ready to purchase the shop. Since you were in possession of the property/shop you have got the first right to buy the shop. Consult  a good lawyer immediatley before you are vacated from the shop. If you loose the possession of the shop, it will be adverse point against you. Get an injunction order immediately from the civil court.

sanjay (owner)     17 August 2012

Is it possible to stop a sale deed by a tenant showing his possession ?? The lawyer says that only owner can decide who he wants to sell it.And i had a talk with the owner also he says that u will not be able to buy it,so better u make a settlement whenever the buying party comes to you for settlement.

lawyer says that nobody the buying person cant vacate you without making a court case.What if i want to stay as a tenant,because its disputed property with one more tenant on the other side.

I am completely buzzed what shall i do next.

Shall i stop the sale deed OR make a settlement ?????

Can a tenant stop a sale deed ??? Please help.

Naveen Kumar (service)     18 August 2012

You can't ask the sub-register to stop the registration process.  And also you can't purchase the shop unless your present owner agrees for the same.  It's better you file an Caveat before court,.  And finally you can run business in the present shop for up to 2 to 5 years [ fighting in civil courts, high courts]  At last you need to vacate the premises.  How it is disputed property with one more tenant explan. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register