Procedure to disown son from father's property

May i know what is the procedure to disown son from fathers property ? My father lives abroad and he wants to disown me from his self acquired property. He cannot come to india to do this but he can get the notarized document written from abroad. I consulted some local lawyers they are saying that once the notarized document is prepared we can publish this on local newspaper and that will be considered valid. Is this the right advice? Please help me.

Need Free On-call Legal Advice.??? Just give a missed call on 08010201301(toll free) or visit http://www.seekadvice.in. India's first On-call legal advisor.

I would appreciate if you could advise me on this forum so that it may be helpful to others.

solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com

First of all why you want all this .

Notary documents have no legal value in property matters.

Originally posted by : LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate.

First of all why you want all this .

Notary documents have no legal value in property matters.

Well i needed this is because i have domestic violence on my head and i am fearing that my wife would seek residential rights in my fathers house. In her petition she is claiming rent for the shelter but at the same time she has mentioned my fathers name saying that he has property both here in india and abroad. She is directly asking for money but what if is she doesn't get it from me ? Then in that case i am expecting her to claim residential rights on my fathers self acquired property. She don't want to live with me but instead want money only.

solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com

You must fight DV  before any order is passed..

There are many technical issues through which DV cases can collapse, show the complaint for proper steps.

Advocate

The father can issue an advertisement in the form of public or general notice in one or more leading newspaper disowning his son for the reasons as stated therein.  What is the need for an affidavit for this?

Originally posted by : T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate

The father can issue an advertisement in the form of public or general notice in one or more leading newspaper disowning his son for the reasons as stated therein.  What is the need for an affidavit for this?

Sir I thought the procedure to publish this on newspaper is that my father would need an affidavit. If it is done without affidavit then it is well and good.

maintenance divorce remarriage = yourscrew@gmail.com

By Newspaper advt you can not disown legal rights.

Courts have rejected such efforts.

Go through very recent DELHI  HIGH COURT DIVISION BENCH  citation in this matter.

Then may i know what are my options to completely disown a son ? Does my father need to execute will under someone name or what ?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x