Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lokendra Soni (PA)     06 November 2010

Please Guide me what I can do ?

Dear Sir,

My father had taken ICICI Prudential Life Time Super Police during the year 2007.  For this purpose he had deposited Rs. 20000/- through Cheque to ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd., Bhopal towards insurance premium deposit through their officials for 3 years.  The ICICI Prudential had accepted the application and give the statement showing that allocated preimum Rs. 16000/- and allotted units 34342134 and premiumum allocation charge Rs. 4000/- Total Rs. 20000/-.  After this the ICICI Pru Bhopal had requested my father to deposit further Rs. 20000/- + Rs. 20000/- through cheques during 2008 so that after maturity of the policy a lump sum amount of Rs. 65821.86 will be given towards value of units under their policy.  It is mentioned that my father had submitted all documents for this purpose viz. his PAN Card No. & Address Proof to their official.  During the period, all correspondence had been made to my father's address

During the period, one of his official had come to my father&#39;s place and said that some&nbsp;&nbsp;documents had not signed.&nbsp; One day evening, he had come and signed the documents to him.&nbsp; It is mentioned that my father does not know English language.&nbsp; The document was in English language.&nbsp; My father had signed that documents.&nbsp;</p>

After 3 years the maturity of the policy , when my father had contacted ICICI Pru for the whole amount of Rs. 65821.86 the ICICI Prudential Insurance Company officials said that you had submitted your request for change the address. When enquired the residential address had been changed in their record.&nbsp; After checking this, my father said to the ICICI Pru Bhopal officials that I had not changed the correspondence&nbsp;address. But the ICICI Prudential officials said that you had changed the address therefore the whole amount of Rs. 65821.86 will not be given to you because you had changed your residential&nbsp;address.&nbsp; You had given only Rs. 16000/-&nbsp;which you had desposited at the starting time of the policy.&nbsp; The rest of the amount of Rs. 50000/- somethings should not be given to you because of fake address.&nbsp; They have given only Rs. 16000/- and the balance amount of Rs. 50000/- something not given.</p>

Here my question is what we can do for recover the balance amount of Rs. 50000/-.&nbsp; I think the ICICI Prudential official had done a mistake and showed the wrong residential address in their record. What I can do and where I can submit my grievance for the same to recover the balance amount.</p>

Sir Please gudie me what I can do for recover the balance amount from ICICI Prudential Bhopal. Is there any forum at Bhopal where I can submit my case to recover the balance amount from the ICICI Prudential 

Regards.

Lokendra

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 November 2010

It is rubbish act by the ICICI prudential ins. co., denied to pay the amount on the ground of change of addressess.  It means if you want get any monetary benefits you cannot change your residence.  It is funny.  Issue legal notice to ICICI and give 7 days time to pay the amount, otherwise file a consumer case and claim the damages along with Rs.;65821/- for not rendering better service.  Teach them a lesson.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     07 November 2010

consumer complaint may not produce quicker results. FIle a crimilan complaint of cheating and FORGERY of documents and also to the ombudsman under the IRDA - insurance regulatory development authority. Pursue

vigorously with the senior officials of ICICI to get satisfactory redressal.

ashish lal (Advocacy)     07 November 2010

File a consumer case, criminal case and also file a complaint before IRDA Ombudsman. 

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     30 December 2010

I AGREE WITH ADV.RAJIV

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register