LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harassed Hunsband (prop)     28 November 2012

Please guide


There is no 498 / Dv / and no child out of wedlock.


Matter is at interim maintainence. Though I have proved her income and she refused.


She only wants to waste my time and have no intension of giving me divorce........


How far and how she can prolong my divorce.........?

Can she now file any another case against me........? its now one year of filing the case.

How should I go about deciding professional fees with lawyer.....

Sorry to say Lawyers have been confusing me and demanding heavy fees from me.........




 6 Replies

Harassed Hunsband (prop)     29 November 2012

Thank You Ashish Devsar,

The petition for Divorce is filed by me on grounds of non-consumation and desertion......

Its been one year and on interim maintainence in progress......

Can she still file any case of DV/498 ......?

RK (adada)     29 November 2012

Dear Harassed Husband.

One thing I want to tell you which I have myself experienced that if your wife wants, she can linger on the divorce procedure for 10 years.... Best option is come to mutual terms by any means possible.

Regarding Lawyer fees, its there profession and source of income, Lawyers normally charge more from Men than women since they will have cut in the alimony for women.....

1 Like

Harassed Hunsband (prop)     29 November 2012

Thank you so much for the replies.....


It would be of great help definitely....

would be oblidge for more replies and precise possibilities.....


ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     30 November 2012

When you entrusted your matter to your lawyer you should have decided about fees and u shd dhv got fees paid by receipts....

it is not thast yr wife is going to give u divorce, if it was so, easier one

the court is going to grant u divorce

once int main order is passed

matter shall be kept for issues

then you hazve to file yr list of documents/witnesses and affidavit of evidence

then you will be cross examnd by opp lawyer

then yr witnesses affdvt of evidence and cross

your side of evidence closed

your wife shsall file affdvt of evidence

she will be cross-exmnd by your lawyer

her witnesses evidence/cross

her side of evidence over




Harassed Hunsband (prop)     30 November 2012

Thank You SO much Anamika for such a precise and detailed answer.....


It will definitely help me in my course of Divorce...




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register