Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Shah (merchant)     05 September 2011

Please- can someone help me out here.. i need informal adv

Namaste to all 

HOW does downpayment typically work ..? is there a trap in this ? what kind of investigation to do ?

Here is  situation .  I have a friend who is lab technician and runs path lab. His building is under redevelopment and all tenants ( most are residential ) have signed ok agreement. Now my friend wants to expand lab under new construction  of 15 story tower  . Landlord says he will give concession rate now and charge FULL if he comes to ask for more area now. SO to LOCK rate to low rate my friend agree to give landlord token amount now and then 50%  when  he gets approval from housing board to break house and 50% at completion.

The problem is some tenant or other commerical property owner will put up case against landlord for whatever reason , we dont know and stop work. This happens now and often in redevelopment matter , then HOW we can recover the downpayment. That money is lost.

so ..

HOW does downpayment typically work .  should he give only 10% at the time of housing board approval .? is there a trap in this ? what kind of investigation to do ?

Best

Learning

1 Replies

R.Arvind (Practising Advocate)     05 September 2011

How about taking a cheque as security for the amount advanced. The cheque will be deposited if there is a delay in construction. If the cheque bounces you can take action in criminal court. Something is better than nothing in the final analysis.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register