Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagpal Singh (xyz)     01 September 2013

Please advise urgently

Dear Experts

I have a few queries

A) Is the settlement amount given against 498a IPC/406, CrPC 125 cases  (considered as compensation to girl for her broken marriage, no matter if she got it by filing false cases) is chargeable?

B) Does the Istridhan come under wealth   is not taxable as well?

For example: istridhan 630 gm gold is given from Late mother to daughter 26 years before the marriage of daughter as per daughter's father statement. The income tax can do the assessment for 6 years. Income tax department says they can't do anything on istridhan.

I wonder if there was any wealth tax 26 years ago and mandate to pay to Income tax as today Wealth Tax per person is Rs. 30 Lacs.

Is there any way we can make this chargeable?

C)was there any amount limit in 2010 to purchase gold ornaments against cash? Current the limit is 5 lakhs which was raised from 2 lakhs in 2012.

D) One property was booked and sold. The capital gain is 8 lakhs from the deal as per written statement but no sales deed is attached in support. How can we make it chargeable without sales deed or enforce to call the sales deed papers from the tax offender from Income tax standpoint.

E)what is the significance of Notice 148 in the above case and how strongly it can go on the recovery of tax/ penalty proceedings?. Is there any other move which is more effective in recovery of tax/ penalty etc  

I shall be highly obliged if you kindly clarify the above points

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2013

academic query

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register