LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ranjit (SM)     12 June 2013

Payment for property in cash

I have finalized a property. The owner has not registered the property so I need to sign Tripartite agreement between Owner, builder and self. The owner has asked for payment of some amount in cash. However he is saying that he wants the cash money during the tripartite agreement itself without any receipt saying that as he is mentioning the flat value in the tripartite agreement in less amount, if afterwards some issue comes then he may not be able to demand the decided cash amount from me as the same is not mentioned anywhere. I cant give the cash amount to him blindly as I do not know him. What is the procedure to deal with this kind of situation. Further he want to mention in the Tripartite agreement that in case the deal gets cancelled then he would not return the deposited money even if my bank rejects the loan for the said property due to document issues. Bank can always reject my loan if the property document is not proper and in that case I will be loosing my earnest money deposited to him. What is the way to deal with this situation ? 

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 June 2013

Without getting receipt how a person blindly pay the cash ? You can assure him to pay through bank guarantee procedure.

Ranjit (SM)     13 June 2013

If I somehow make him agree sign the receipt of cash in a stamp paper. Will this be OK. Can it be taken as a proof in case of any issue .

prakharved (Medical officer)     26 June 2013

@ranjit

It is not advisable to be buying an unregistered property. Why are you going ahead with this deal in this manner. You need to provide further information about the property, who owns this property, how is th builder involved. Registration of property is done to legalize the transaction. Registration of the property is to show who currently owns a property and is thus essential to any transaction.

I would suggest you to get a reliable legal opinion on this matter. I suggest you visit www.lawkonect.com to get detailed written replies to all your legal queries from practising property lawyers. You can also avail telephonic consultations with seasoned lawyers at a time of your convenience. Since it is online, therefore it is extremely convenient. You can avail a legal check up on your situation and get suggestions on the paths that you can take in this situation.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More