LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KAUSHIK (CHEMIST)     15 September 2010

pay protect

I have been serving in a municipal corporation as a permanent employee since 10 yrs in full pay grade.

Before 3 months, this muni. corporation published an ad. For an upper level post.  In that salary was fixed-pay  for 3 yr. and than full pay offered.

I passed written exam, interview and selected for that post.

Though I am 10 yr old employee of this muni. corporation, they are giving me fix pay.

By this fix pay, I am loosing Rs.6000/- pm. as compared to pay of  my previous post.

Though I am 10 yr old employee of this muni. corporation, they are counting my new post as a new job, and so i am loosing my old pension scheme.[/u]

so, my question is :

(1)Can i  get full pay for my new higher post, or can i get pay protection (pay of my old post) during probation?

(2)Can my old job period be counted continue for pension scheme?

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     15 September 2010

You are supposed to have appliede for direct recruitment of the post for which a time scale has been fixed.In such an event if you join the post  on selection you are liable to be treated as new recruit and bound by the scale for that post. Neverthless your previous services could count for the pensionary benefits whle calculating the total service. However, it depends on the service rules prevailing in the department.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register