Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satbir Singh (Adm)     24 November 2013

Pay fixation on direct recruitment to higher post

Dear Friends,

I was serving in an central government autonomous body in PB-3 with grade pay 7600. My pay in June 2012 was 23710 (Band Pay) + 7600 (Grade Pay) and DNI was 01.07.2012. Meanwhile I was selected on a higher post in same autonomous body on basis of direct recruitment for which I had applied through proper channel. The higher post carries higher responsibilities but same pay band and grade pay. I was asked to join new post before 30.06.2013. Accordingly I joined on 28.06.2012 and exercised option for fixation of my pay from next date of increment i.e. 01.07.2012 with in one month. However my department did not considered my option ( it is told to me that option is not available for direct recruits) and fixed my pay by granting one increment of 3% from 28.06.2012 ( for higher responsibilities) with next DNI postponed to 01.07.2013.  In this way I got a higher salary only for three days!!!!!!!!    because my DNI was otherwise also due on 01.07.2012. Is it justified? It is important to note that one of my junior was also selected for same post along with me but he joined after 01.07.2012 and hence got his normal annual increment as well as one increment for higher responsibilities. Thus he is now getting salary equal to me. Can somebody help me by rule position or otherwise to seek remedy against this injustice? I shall be highly thankful.

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 November 2013

Such option is not available to ad-hoc / deputation appointee.  But you are regular appointee as understodd from your descripttion.

A person joining on higher post for pay purpose is treated at same footing as in case of promotion. 

2 Like

Satbir Singh (Adm)     25 November 2013

Sir,

Thank you so much for your response. The appointment was against vacant post advertised by the department. The departmental candidates were supposed to apply through proper channel and I did so. I was not asked to resign from the earlier post held by me. Moreover, I was given all transfer benefits. Had I joined on or after 01.07.2012, i would have got two increments i.e. one annual increment for my service on lower post and one for higher responsibility (as I mentioned earlier one of my junior in lower post got both these because he joined later than me). Can you please refer some rule or government order on the issue so that I can take up the issue with higher authorities?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2013

read FR 22

Satbir Singh (Adm)     09 December 2013

Thank you Sir. But I could not find anything regarding the treatment of the departmental candidates on direct selection for pay fixation (if band pay and Grade pay remain unchanged but responsibilities are higher, In FR 22. Can u please help? I shall be highly thankful.

omprakas hjoshi (PGT)     07 March 2014

same problem with me but department dening 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register