LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Kumar (Manager)     30 September 2019

Partition of property

I am a male and an NRI from a Hindu family in Kerala.  We are planning to partition our late father's property. I have my mother and three brothers. My question is whether my mother can sign paperwork on my behalf to effect the partition.  If yes, how can I authorize her? If not , what are the other options. I live in the US and would like to avoid travelling to India for this purpose.


 5 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     30 September 2019

First you have to enter all your names on ROR by applying to autharities with death certicate of your father and sucession certificate.This application can be made by signing of any of hairs with an affidavite. No need to come to India.

Shashi Dhara   30 September 2019

U give POA to your mother from us.

manoj   30 September 2019

You must give General Power of Attorney to your mother on behalf of you to do any transcation and also for Partition. Without giving any authorisation to your mother, any  transcation made by her will be void.



CELL NO 8686159292

Ajay Kumar (Manager)     30 September 2019

I am not comfortable with giving power of attorney to my mother because she would not have much say in the way the partition is being done. I mean it would be my brothers who would be guiding her and I do not trust my brothers. Is it possible that I specify in the POA that the partition is to be done equally otherwise it will be void?

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 October 2019

The PoA could be given to any one other than your mother also. Anyhow, the partition is to be done equally only, not in respect of area, but in terms of value. You also have the option to file a suit for partition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register