LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Help (SA)     10 July 2017

Partial provident fund withdrawal

Dear Members, my wife applied for partial pf withdrawal (Form 31) from her office for marriage purpose. Our marriage date was Apr 22 and she submitted her forms to her office at the start of April. However, her office sent her an email 3 days before the wedding date that the PF office has incorrect Date of birth and date of joining. She was asked to submit documents supporting her date of birthe and date of joining. As the days of marriage were near she submitted the past the wedding date. Her office sent those documents to the PF office and the application got rejected with the reason "Claim submitted past marriage date". My question is how can she withdraw funds as she was not at fault if the PF had incorrect information.


 7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 July 2017

Go thru:



1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 July 2017

no other document would be required to be submitted by the subscriber for taking advances from the provident fund corpus. A provident fund subscriber can go for partial withdrawal/advance from his or her corpus for specific purposes like purchase of flat, construction, marriage/education of children etc.

Sumanta Podder   10 July 2017

The DoB and DoJ are conveyed to the PF office by the employer. So, if there is any fault in part of the employer, the employee suffers due to non-availability of either of the two data. Moreover, if only DoB is provided to the PF office but not DoJ, the advance payment is liable to be stopped. Obviously this is not a fault of the employee. The sole manager of the PF fund at the end of the employee is the employer, so first ensure that your wife's DoB and DoJ are updated in the PF database. Then only you can obtain advance payment through Form 31. Then you won't even need to go to the PF office; if the PF account is Aadhaar linked, you can put a claim through online mode. But the purpose of marriage will not be considered a ground for withdrawal now, I suppose. So go for any other ground if it is possible.

Need Help (SA)     10 July 2017

Thank you Sumanta. I believe the employer has got the details corrected with the PF office. Now if we go for some other route to withdraw funds would the PF not raise a flag when they know the reason for earlier withdrawal. Just a thought that stuck my mind.

Sumanta Podder   10 July 2017

Yes. Just go for another route to withdraw money. You will definitely succeed, I suppose.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2017

what was the mismatch which lead to delay?


how it was caused?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 January 2018

If you have carefully related with record and rules then you must have by now confirmed if EPFO is at fault!

Pinpoint the variances to EPFO.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query