Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vardarajan_1999 (service)     29 January 2008

OVER TIME PAYMENT FOR OFF DAY WORK

Hello everbody

I am new to this forum. 

Please clarify the following:

Myunderstanding with the payment of wages/salary is that for every six day of work one has to get a paid off day.  If this is correct, the salary is paid for 30 /31 days in a  month and not 26 days (I hope you get my point).  Suppose some one works on any Off day and instead of allowing another day to compensate this day, if the company decides to pay that employee as Overtime, then how it has to be paid.

Please advise me

Is it double the normal wages ?

If it is double the normal wages, then is it ok if we pay the employee additional one day salary apart from the normal monthly salary, as we have already paid him for the off day  If I am confusing any one please forgive me 

Varadarajan

[url=mailto:vardarajan_1999@yahoo.com]vardarajan_1999@yahoo.com[/url]

Learning

7 Replies

rajnish_sapra (n/a)     31 January 2008

dear,

i think you are totally confused.

i m giving you the example of this.

i m taking the example of jan month

total days in jan ios 31 days

weekly off or off days is 5 days

actual working days is 26 days.

now your question is if the person is working in these 5 days. then you have to give the overtime of that day. if he has worked for 10 hrs then you have to pay him of double of wages.

but you will give him slary of 31 days.

because weekly off is his right to take &  you will not dedct his salary of off days.

i think now you are clear.

regards

Rajnish

vardarajan_1999 (service)     01 February 2008

thanks

rajnish_sapra (n/a)     31 January 2008

dear,

First of all i dont know the employee category whether he is staff or worker

If he is worker then you will pay as overtime double of normal monthly wages

formula wil be:- gross/actual days month*no of hrs worked on off days=overtime

regards

rajnish

vardarajan_1999 (service)     31 January 2008

Dear Mr. Sapra

Thanks for replying.

Let us talk about worker

For example:  Monthly salary is Rs. 6000/=

He is getting ( paid) weekly off on every Monday

(This is paid off) ie we are paying for 30/31 days

As per the rule, we have to pay him double the wages on any extra work he has done.

Suppose he is working for more than 8 hours (let us say 10 Hours) then we have to pay extra (double the wages) for this 2 hours. 

But if he work on any  ""weekly off day""  let us say he worked on   one weekly off day

My confusion is do we have to pay 1 day salary excess to the monthly salary or 2 days salary over and above the monthly salary?   

Here I would like to point out that we are already paying for the Weekly off day ( ie for 30/31 days including the off day).

I am sure I am not confusing you. 

Regards

VARDARAJAN

Arihant AC (Legal Advisor)     15 February 2008

Hi My Self Nehal I am new in this forum I want to know that whether Monthly salary will be calculate on present days or month days i.e salary divide by 26/25/24/27 or 30/31

Arihant AC (Legal Advisor)     19 February 2008

Hi! might nobody understand my Questions I am still confuse. Some one Salary is Rs.6500/- per month and he has wokred for full months lets get month Jan-08 in which 4 holidays are there The person has attain 27 days full and other person attend 25 days only. Then let me know that whether which formula I have to used for 25 days Rs. 6500/27days or 6500/26 days or Rs.6500/31 days into present along with weekly off.

david vijaykumar (govt. servie)     13 May 2008

Overtime is paid for the extra work done by the staff. If a person works on a day of rest, he should have been granted compensatory rest within a month from the date of foregone day of rest. If the compensatory rest is not granted within a period of a month, the employee is entitled to payment of overtime as prescribed under the relevant rules - within the statutory or outside statutory, depending the total number of hours the employee foregone during that particular overtime period, which of course, depends on the classification the employee governed under hours of employement rules/Regulations. The question is to be decided on the facts of each case and cannot be generalised like this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register