LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

davy chabra (manager)     13 July 2012

Opinion regarding unregistered will

dear sir/madam,

  i'm a layman and never gone to court or related matters .my father bought a property and he registered the property in my mothers name.we are 3 brothers and 1 sister.sister and  me living in india and other 2 brothers living in canada.last year my mother expired but she made a will which is unregistered and according to that she want to give her immovable property to her 3 sons , but  we 3 brothers want to transfer that house in the name of my my father was the only person who spent investment to buy that house as my mother was a housewife. now the question is how should we proceed to transfer that house in fsther's name. do we need any documents from my 2 brothers who are living in canada if yes what kind of document we need from them .our interest is that he (father) can visit canada as for that we have to show that he had interest in india and he will come please guide me , do we have to get some papers from sister too .and how lengthy is the process and how much it will cost so that we brothers can give there share .we are living in jalandhar punjab.i had a high hope of getting advise from this forum.thnx in advance                                           

                                                                             davy chabra  


 2 Replies

randeep singh (proprietor)     14 July 2012

In my opinion all children should sign a relinquisment deed in favour of your father. Those living out of jalandar can sign the relinquishment deed at the indian consulate and have it stamped by the Indian embassy. A document attested by an officer of the India consulate is treated as if executed in India. Make sure that all the children sign the relinquishment deed / release deed. Make notarised copies of those deeds and have it submitted to Municipal corp records etc etc ...take assistance from a local lawyer to do the job.

Sh S. Kumar (Other)     15 July 2012

You can get a relinquishment deed drafted to solve the problem. In case you reside in Delhi, you can contact me for the Legal Drafting of the Relinquishment Deed at 8800-418-408.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register