LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar (accountant)     15 November 2012

Online shopping site - delay(more than 2 months) in delivery



I have shopped in many online shopping sites and got the product in a week. But  in one shopping site ( I had a very bad experience. They made me wait for more than 2 months and till now the problem is not resolved. My concern is not only about getting my own money, I want to stop such fraud site for the benefit of others. Every day new complaints are being lodged against the website in almost all the consumer complaint forums. 

So please guide how to take necessary steps to stop its activity. Actually I am residing in Chennai and the company is in Noida, so I can’t  do anything in person. Is there any way to send all the complaints to the concerned authority so that an effective result could be found. Then whom and how. Please reply with details.



 1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 November 2012

Engage the company in written communications at its official email id and record all calls. Be specific during your communication in writing and in verbal.

At times such companies may not have product in stock. The company might have not disclosed to you that it shall supply fresh or refurbished stock.

After communications you may submit notice {which you can also send} mentioning that company has defrauded you and if the company does not beg apology in writing say within next 7 days , and refunds your money with interest { that you may decide}cost of communications that you have to bear, penalty that you may decide, towards financial loss, mental agony, due to their bad/illegal conduct, deficiency in service you shall be constrained to approach the institutions of including but not limited to police, print and electronic media, govt. regulators registrar of companies, ministries, courts of law, consumer forums, Lok Adalat, NGO’s, public social-legal forums etc at its cost and consequences and all charges towards legal consultation, legal notices, court case etc shall have to be paid by the company.

If the company does not yield to your notice you can proceed and issue a legal notice and/or approach the institutions e.g. DCDRF, Anti Fraud cell of local police, Cyber Crime {follow up thru RTI to move them. One phone call or email by them may suffice for your purpose}

or as deemed fit.

It shall be appropriate if you engage a competent and experienced consumer cases lawyer.


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query