LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

devil (service)     23 November 2011

Nominee of flat

HI Sir,

My father did not make a will, but he did nominate me fully for the flat, and also a letter stating  to whom ever it may concern with the society stamp, he died 5 years back and immediately the society transfered the house/share certificate in my name without any problem or asking my sister for a noc.  now after 5 years my sister is asking a share for the flat and saying that my father did not make a will so she too has equal share in the house.  the financial and jewellery were equally shared by both of us.  but now she wants her share in the house. please help.  does my sister have any rights in the house or no.

please reply.

Thank you,


 2 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     23 November 2011

Dear devil,

what is the religion you profess..? If hindu then she is entitled to half(1/2) the share in your father's property as he did not execute a valid will.

sujit uday (lawyer)     25 November 2011

if a valid will is not executed by your father who is the owner of the property/flat then it would automatically be deemed to be partitioned among the childrens and surviving wife.your sister has total exclusive rights over the property.or better go for settlement among you & your sister.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register