LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Bhargava (Director)     04 April 2010


I purchased E 75 phone worth over Rs. 20000 in July 2009.  In two days phone started giving trouble .  They changes phone thrice.  Finally they couldnot change any more since they discontinued this model due to thei disaastrous performance.  Instead to refuding they offered me N 97.  I was shocked to receive this phone as this was again a defective , rejected second hand piece.  When I complained about their service centre and threatned to write their directors . they agree to refund the  money .  I had no alternative except to accept their office , though I lost all my datas etc.  They send the cheque , collected handet and a letter saying every thing sorted out.  Five minutes later Nokia send 4 people to my office to abuse me , threat me and tried to harm me physcially since they wanted to teach me a lesson for complaining and writing to their Directors .  They wanted to take the cheque back and broke few items in office .  They said that i will nto be able to do any thing since settlemetn letter was given by me

I wrote complaint to all directors and MD of Nokia , but till now they did not responded

Any suggestions for me?


 5 Replies

Jithendra.H.J (Lawyer)     04 April 2010

Approach the consumer forum,


why you have not given complaint to the police about the threat?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     04 April 2010

go to police first.

V.Raghavan (Advocate Madras High Court)     04 April 2010

Dear Mr.Rajeev, if u r quite sure those men were from Nokia, it is better to give police complaint. How about the Cheque? Did u encash it?

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     04 April 2010

Yes. sir, NOKIA has lowered its' quality. In India most of the company's are making money without maintaining standards.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     05 April 2010

First give a police complaint and then publicize the dealer - give press interview about what happened to you.  Preserve all the communication you had with the dealer - preserve receipts, acknowlegements and what ever to substantiate your allegations.  Contact consumer activist groups and take their support.  Dont just feel isolated and humiliated.  Fight back.  Teach a lesson.  People stand by you.  Above all make a complaint to the District Collector about this malpractice of the dealer.  Press him down from all directions.  And claim damages through the court for their illegal acts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register