LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santy (lead)     23 August 2010

Neighbour's Right

Hi, I have bought a property wherein the neighbour had a sour relationship with the ex owner. I was unaware of this and hence bought the property. In order to harass me, our neighbour routinely complains to municpality that the house I live in is illegal. I have got the new plan made as per the existing muncipality rules in karnataka, and got it sanctioned, but there is a slight deviation of about 1ft in the already existing house from the plan. I have received notice from muncipality asking me to demolish the illegal portion of 1ft, which I am reluctant to demolish considering the fact that its of no use to anyone. Note that there is a easy 2-ft gap between neighbours boundary and the house and is in no way creating problem to the neighbour.

My query is

1. What option do I have to prevent muncipailty from demolishing the illegal part?

2. To what extent can a neighbour interfere in our affairs, if it is not causing any trouble to him?

3. Is there any way to stop such harrassment from neighbour, given that everything is as per plan (if I demolish)? The harrassment by the neighbour is not only for me, but for the entire area. Is there a law to prosecute such troublemakers, and let everyone leave in peace?

Kindly reply. Regards, Santy

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register