Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Kumar   23 September 2023

Need clarification on 1 rupee deed

Respected Lawers

My father is aged 80, he has partition deed registered in the year 1983 with 1 rupee stamp duty with all heirs signed. My father say that original stamp duty deed is with his eldest brother and this is what he and his 2nd elder brother got as deed. In the deed it is mentioned as duplicate but should be considered as original. What does that mean. Need clarification for following questions. Kindly help me to understand please

1. Is it common practice in India when partition happen between brothers the original deed will be hold by eldest brother and others will have agreement copy?

2. Without original cant we sell or do any registration in future?

3. What if eldest brother refuse to share the original deed to younger brothers?

Thank you in advance

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 September 2023

As per your query, the partition deed was registered with duplicate and triplicate.  The original, duplicate and triplicate are equal.  The stamp duty varies from one state to another state.  In some states, the stamp duty on it should have been Rs.5/- but not Re.1/- if it was really registered.

1 Like

Personal   26 September 2023

Hi Sir

The Duplicate copy has been signed by sub resgisterer and all the legal heirs. This has been used for bank loan earlier. Also in that document it is clearly mentioned as "Duplicate but has to be considerd as original"

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register