Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Amit (Director)     04 October 2011

Need advice for a consumer related case (and a laywer)

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reading my Post.

I purchased a branded Cooler (room cooler) 4 - 5 months back. Unfortunately that cooler stopped woking. The company is Symphony. I tried calling on the customer care number given on the document and web-site but no one picks up the call (tried doing this for a whole month). Then somehow I got email adress of the company and emailed them about this. I got the response on same day with contact details of the person who is authoriesed for handle this in Noida Area. After trying for 10 - 15 days this guy finally picked up my call and gave me number of the Service Center. After talking to the Service Center for 10 - 15 day one engineer finally came to my house and told me that the the faulty part is not available. All this happended 2 - 3 months back and after that they are not picking my phone/not replyint to my emails and service center says that the part is still not available. This is really frustrating. I have to finally buy AC and the cooler is now useless for me. I want my money back from company. Someone told me that for such case I can get max of 1 - 2 Lakh only and that also after fighting for 1 - 2 year. Thats is fine with me, I will fight and I want to teach this company a lession. Please suggest me with your valuable opinion.

I also need a Lawyer in Noida Area to fight this case for me as I am working professional and can't go to court. I am ready to pay whatever is the fees.

Documents I have:

1) Original / Photocopy of Purchase Bill
2) Email Exchange
3) Telephone bill showing my call to the Company Representative and Service Center

Thanks
Amit

Learning

10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 October 2011

Kindly submit a written complaint to the MD of the company and Prop. of the Dealer from which you have purchased the cooler and narrate the complaint and incidences in detail and raise your demand and grant say 7 days time to meet your demand and mention you shall be constrained to approach the institutions of print and electronic media, social and legal forums, consumer forum, court of law etc, at their cost and consequences.

You can handover the case without doing this also to your lawyer.Your lawyer may prefer to send a legal notice.

Consumer forum shall decide the remedy and penalty.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 October 2011

Issue legal notice thru., an advocate and claim the compensation along with exchange of  cooler, If the co., didn't turn up then file a consumer case .

Dear Kumar, thanks for you reply. I have been able to find the Management Details which is:

Achal Bakeri (Chairman & Managing Director)
Mr. Chandrakant V Gandhi (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)
Bhadresh V Mehta (Chief Financial Officer)

But it seems difficult to find the email address of these guys.

Dear Raju, thanks for your reply. I don't want this cooler anymore. I want the full refund with compensation (amount doesn't matters though).

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 October 2011

The local dealer may be able to give you the adress of local staff, Regional Office, Zonal Office, and they in turn may provide you the email id's.

If email id is not available you can submit complaint by letter/fax/telegramme or you can send email at the email id of RM/ZM.

Edwin Jerome (Advocate)     06 October 2011

Dear Sir

File a petition before District Consumer Forum in person or preferably through a lawyer. Please include the supplier and manufacturer as opposite party

bksodhi (nil)     11 October 2011

contact me at 9810250659.

bksodhi (nil)     12 October 2011

dear kumar i can filethe case and advise you accordingly.

Advocate/CS Sanjeev Kataria ( Advocate)     04 November 2011

file a consumer complaint before the district consumer forum, it is better to serve a legal notice upon the company before filing the complaint

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     04 November 2011

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register