LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shreesai (self employed)     05 November 2014

Need advice

Dear sir / madam,

My marriage was in mangalore on april 23 2008, At the time of marriage the girl said she has been under going some treatment for depression and by polar disorder. 

The medicines needs to continue and cannot be stopped. After marriage we shifted to mumbai . She started to get loud hicups and mood disorders and going under depression for her medical conditions.. we could not even go for a family due to medicines as it cannot be stopped. I had to admit her several times in mumbai and i have all the records.


I have seen some horrifying episodes when she goes under depression and after 6 years and 7 months i have asked her parents to take care for a while.But next week she doesnt remember anything. she will not sleep for days as she in a condition where she is unaware what is happening and i too sit with her for days. 

Doctor had given sleeping pills, she took 3 of them but even then she never got sleep. sad but its true. If i stay with her more then this , i too will be a patient.:(

I have lost so many business deals as i had to stay for months together with my wife as no one from her family came when needed and when she was ill.

She is a very good person by heart. But due to the by polar disorder i dont want to continue.

I have a property in which her name is there. How to go ahead with the divorce.


 3 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 November 2014

You took a decision knowingly. So better live through it by getting best medical help. There can be no legal solution to your problem.



Shreesai (self employed)     06 November 2014

Thank you shonee

Adv. Santosh K. Dubey (Advocate & Lead Attorney.)     06 November 2014

Dear Shreesai,

Advocate Shonee Kapoor is right, because it was you who took the the step to marrying a girl having such disorders so now you have to live with it, but on the other hand if you find it difficult to continue your marriage and you have really made up your mind you may file for divorce.

If both of you are hindu and covered in Hindu Marriages Act, you may file in for divorce under sec 13 of HMA. producing all the medical documents and of course having solid medical grounds and also other medical document which should proove that your wife is un-capable of giving birth to a child.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register