p;lease follow link
as per HE MAINTENANCE AND WELFARE OF PARENTS AND SENIOR CITIZENS ACT, 2007 you wife is her child
- "children" includes son, daughter, grandson and grand-daughter but does not include a minor
has aliability to maintain her.
A senior citizen including parent who is unable to maintain himself from his own earning or property owned by him, shall be entitled to make an application under section 5 in case of -
- parent or grand-parent, against one or more of his children not being a minor
- a childless senior citizen, against such of his relative referred to in clause (g) of section 2
- The obligation of the children or relative, as the case may be, to maintain a senior citizen extends to the needs of such citizen so that senior citizen may lead a normal life.
- The obligation of the children to maintain his or her parent extends to the needs of such parent either father or mother or both, as the case may be, so that such parent may lead a normal life.
Any person being a relative of a senior citizen and having sufficient means shall maintain such senior citizen provided he is in possession of the property of such senior citizen or he would inherit the property of such senior citizen:
Provided that where more than one relatives are entitled to inherit the property of a senior citizen, the maintenance shall be payable by such relative in the proportion in which they would inherit his propert
If you resctrict her you are abetting her to comit and crime and you are punishable.
maintenance does notmean mere money
- "maintenance" includes provision for food, clothing, residence and medical attendance and treatment